- This event has passed.
SOC2 for Startups: Preparation, Timing, Execution, Sustainment
April 28, 2022 12pm-1pm PST
In this rapid fire talk Michael Argast, Co-Founder and CEO of Kobalt.io, will discuss strategies on achieving SOC2 compliance and sustaining it to support your business success. In it he will cover:
* Why SOC2, and how it compares to other standards including ISO27001, NIST CSF, HIPAA and more
* When to start your SOC2 journey – not too soon, not too late
* Understanding SOC2 – Type 1, Type 2, the Trust Services Criteria
* Defining scope and key controls
* How to tackle it – partners, technology, internal readiness
* Choosing an auditor
* Sustaining SOC2 after the initial audit
By attending this discussion you will learn how to accelerate your achievement of compliance, lower costs, lessen the impact on your organization and unlock business growth. Kobalt.io builds security programs for small and mid-sized tech startups, working with over 180 companies across North America, helping them address security, privacy and compliance and unlocking growth through improved security postures. Michael Argast has worked as a cyber security professional for over 20 years, leading small and large teams globally, working with startups, large enterprise, education and global 500 companies.